This is not a “by the numbers” job, because we are not a “by the numbers” company. We are, however, the recipient of multiple Best Places to Work awards. And we’re a place for the bold and brave-minded. Irish Titan is seeking a Software Engineer to join our development team at our headquarters in Minneapolis.
We are a rapidly growing digital agency seeking a talented, driven individual to come along not for the ride, but to help chart the course. We’re looking for someone to do more than just fit in; we’re looking for someone to make us better. Culture is on a par with competence, and our culture is based on a combination of:
- Business First, Online Second™ (Our “Why.“)
- Partnerships, Not Transactions (Our “How.“)
- POTIS (Just ask.)
As a Software Engineer, you'll be a versatile technical resource capable of high performance across a wide range of development aspects to solve complex business problems while simultaneously adhering to defined standards and project scope.
- You're a collaborative and solutions-focused thinker, leader, and problem solver
- You know how to produce high-quality code to meet a defined scope and budget
- You like working across the entire development stack, and are an expert in at least two languages or platforms
- You're as skilled with people as you are with code
About the Role
- You'll provide technical expertise for various projects and will be expected to actively engage in a significant amount of coding
- You'll be involved in client-facing communications including e-mails and meetings
- You'll adhere to existing Irish Titan best practices, design and code reviews, and participate in improving them
- You'll have an opportunity to try new technologies and master them
- You'll work collaboratively on a team of software engineers
- 3+ years of development experience
- Demonstrated success working on web projects throughout the software development lifecycle
- Experience with client-facing and peer-related communications
- The ability to be accountable for the technical aspects of projects, including participation in project scoping, client communications, and expectation management
- At least 2 years experience with MySQL syntax and database structures.
- At least 2 years experience with PHP (Laravel a plus).
- A demonstrated understanding of integrations with Web APIs (REST, GraphQL, SOAP, etc.).
- Experience with a least one eCommerce platform (Magento, BigCommerce, or Shopify Plus)
- Familiarity with Drupal, WordPress, or other CMS platforms
- Understanding of engineering methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with digital agency environments
Additional Skills We'd Really Like
- Knowledge of the Magento and Laravel platforms.
- Familiarity with PHP package repositories, such as composer.
- Experience with Git repos, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with DevOps