The Digital Project Manager manages and drives web design/development projects. This means that they work with strategic, creative and technical teams and are responsible for delivering projects on-time and on-budget. To be successful, you need to have a positive attitude, be deadline-driven, and have meticulous attention to detail. Bonus points for being obsessively organized.
If you want to be a number, look elsewhere. It’s that simple. But if you want challenge and reward, read on. Because for those of you brave enough and talented enough, you can contribute to a company honored with multiple Best Places to Work awards (from Minnesota Business Magazine and the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal) 100 Best Places to Work, and a 2014 Minnesota Business Ethics Award Finalist.
We are a digital agency seeking ridiculous talent. Personality and cultural mojo will be as important as skillset because our culture and pace are unique and not for everyone. And we’re only closed 2 days a year: St. Patrick’s Day and the day after. Kidding. Sort of. Our culture is based on a combination of Business First, Online Second™ (our “Why”), Partnerships - Not Transactions (our “How”) and POTIS (ask us what this means).
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and delivery of detailed project plans, identifying and scoping client requirements and deliverables, and creating project goals and milestones
- Identify, document, and manages scope or deliverable change requests
- Create and maintain all project activity. This includes coordinating daily tasks and assigning project resources, as well as ensuring client satisfaction for that engagement.
- Properly notify the internal team of any risks, weaknesses or opportunities that could impact the success of the project, escalating issues to upper management as appropriate
- Plan for and control quality by reviewing items before delivery to client; monitoring and enhancing internal and external deliverables/documents; working with internal teams as needed
- Coordinate and participate in periodic deliverables reviews
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects; shares lessons learned with other project management team members
- We want people who love their job and genuinely WANT to be here. Which means that there isn’t a lot of room for “that’s not my job” mentalities. You must display confidence and enthusiasm when communicating to the client and internal project team and be willing to help wherever you’re needed.
- We’re running fast, so experience and comfort level with a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture is a must
- Multi-tasking, a sense of urgency and contextual thinking are all critical to this position
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing projects (preferably within a digital agency)
- Knowledge of project management principles, methodology and techniques
- Understanding of technical and creative design and development principles
- Proficient in project planning tools and software (Such as JIRA)
- Experience managing technical projects or implementations AND working directly with developers and designers is preferred.
- Industry and/or agency experience required